The Rock

 

©️ Off The Beaten Trek 

"2 From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety,

3  for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.

4 Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings!" - Psalm 61:2-4 (NLT)


My family & I hadn't gone back to one of our favorite destinations in a very long time. We were truly grateful that we finally had the time to make this plan and the Lord made it happen. We packed our bags and off we went. 


The summer air was becoming warmer at each passing minute. By the time we were travelling a little over an hour on the road, hunger gnawed & made us crave for the bakery we used to go to. Grabbing some pastries, we took a quick break & satiated our hunger & quenched our thirsts. Off we went again to reach the halfway mark, competing against the growing number of vehicles converging in all roads.


One more stop for lunch. Unfamiliar faces sometimes stared as we took bite after bite of a combo meal. I wished the lady & the man across the table would smile as they stared. But I felt maybe our faces looked familiar to them thinking they knew my family & I. Or me specially. I smiled despite the lack of it from their penetrating gazes.


After more miles of seeing beautiful  hills and valleys, we finally arrived at our designated place. We rested a bit then started to take a walk and visited the little shops, some which stood the passing of time, while others had disappeared. But whatever corner we turned to, the Morro rock was the focal point & always was visible that drew anyone's eyes toward it. 


Some people stopped by the pier for a while. Others armed with their cell phone's cameras took a special pic. Others seemed to be busy with their own agendas like drinking alcohol or shopping in stores that lined up the street. Not a care to see the nice view nor the rock. Perhaps, they had seen this place many times but the busyness of things they wanted to do made them lose sight of the famous rock.


My heart beat in awe and excitement as I had this chance again of seeing it. A big rock that divided the bay and the ocean. The same rock that inspired me to start blogging back in 2008. 


In life, we can make plans all the time. But there's no guarantee that all will happen. We always have the choices to make daily. We have destinations we try to reach and achieve. We can be right at times but chances are we can also be wrong with some of those choices.


One thing is for sure...That we can go to different places but there's only one road which will always draw one back because of love it etches in anyone's heart willing to follow the calling. No matter how hard it takes to travel on that narrow path.


We mingle with people from all walks of life anywhere we go. As Christ's ambassadors, we are letters being read. We can travel to any destination but they're just all temporary places to be living in or to be visited. Only the Bread of Life can satiate the hunger of weary travelers and only the Living Water can provide true spiritual refreshment for the thirsty souls.


Someday, we are going to reach the end of the physical road. But it is always the Rock's love that will always lead us Home. Home that lasts forever. 






2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise to see a post from you. Welcome back, Rosel.
    Beautiful picture of the rock. It does look very imposing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sister. Thank you for your encouragement. Yes. I'm also grateful that I was able to post about this as I realized this was the place where I got inspired to write for His glory. The pic doesn't justify its grandness. Just so beautiful as it seems to have its own weather when fog can roll in & out just like that. Dense in a minute, rolling in plain sight only to clear up then comes rolling in again. Makes one wonder with its mysterious way of drawing people's attention. Stay strong & God bless.

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends