The Table Top Deco And The Tic-Tac-Toe Game


CR: offthebeatentrek.blogspot.com


A friend gave my son a gift of a tic-tac-toe game many years ago when my son was still in elementary. The "X's" and the "O's" were made of blue and red glass against the wooden base. I never wanted to hide it and just to re-arrange, I set it on the corner table and paired it with a table top decoration that serves as a reminder for me to be grateful each day.

I like to start my day to always be thankful, especially at these trying times when nothing is constant. Plans change. People do, too. Peace can become conflicts. Joy can turn to sorrows. Faith is being constantly pummeled and being knocked out with blows of worries. Days where hope is in a tug of war with doubts, fears, disbelief, distrust, dislike, and despair.

But there's my reminder. In a corner. To start my day with a grateful heart. As I do, my heart and mind is strengthened each day, knowing that God's grace always sustains me in all of my weaknesses. I look each time now at the "tic-tac-toe". It doesn't appear like a table top game anymore to me. They serve as a reminder also of God's invisible hugs and kisses. I feel His reassurance that no matter what occurs in a day, He is faithful and His promises are true!  As I thank Him, I feel that His blessings aren't always given. Sometimes, He doesn't give what we ask for but instead, takes something away that will expose our vulnerabilities that we think we can manage to tackle on our own.  That is also a blessing. If the Gardener prunes what is not productive in our grafted vine, the process is painful, but the removal is a blessing in order for a branch to yield fruits. 

He takes away my fears, my loneliness, my pride. How can I not be thankful each day when He died on the cross so I can live? So can you! Or anyone who trusts and believe in Jesus. 

So, there goes the table top deco and the tic-tac-toe game serving its purpose of helping me focus on the One Who never disappoints! Each day! Here I am thinking that love is shaped like a heart. But when I surrendered my life to Jesus, I know now, that love is shaped like a cross and formed by pierced Hands. 


“When I lay these questions before God I get no answer. But a rather special sort of 'No answer.' It is not the locked door. It is more like a silent, certainly not uncompassionate, gaze. As though He shook His head not in refusal but waiving the question. Like, 'Peace, child; you don't understand.” ~ C.S. Lewis

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tic-tac-toe game, and I love that you're thinking of the pieces as hugs and kisses from God. I never would have thought of that, but that's so awesome. And yes, there is always something to be thankful for and so much we/I tend to take for granted, I saw a quote by Alice Morse Earle (don't know who she is), but I printed it out as a reminder to look for those blessings-- "Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never think of Tick Tac Toe the same!!! I agree; thankfulness opens the door for breakthrough and don't we all need that. Merry Christmas, special sister to you and yours. May your holidays be filled with joy and the New Year be a fresh start filled with many, many blessings. Love from your pal in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many things we do not understand as we walk with Jesus in our lives, but God has a reason for everything that happens. I like how you have described it regarding the gardener. Sometimes we need pruning. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Rosel! So good to see your visit today at my place. Hope you're having a good Memorial Day Weekend. It's hard to believe just a year ago Tom passed and I started this new journey in life. So many daily changes are changing me and, I think, for the better. The unsure times cause me to hang on to Jesus tighter and draw ever closer. That's always good. We are all doing well here. Susanna is 14 and going into high school in the fall! She chose home school (so thankful!!!) I am glad to read you and yours are okay. Thank you for prayers, especially today! You have mine as well! Big hugs to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping by to say hi. It's been a while since we interacted with each other. But I have never forgotten you dear Rosel. Trusting all continues to be well with you. Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosel, I too am dropping by to say 'Hi' to you. God bless you my sister in the Lord as we wait for the return of our Saviour. I believe we are very close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Rosel! Don't feel bad about gaps; I, too, did not see your Thanksgiving comment until just now. I wasn't on line. Big difference from years ago when blogging was a lifestyle! I loved hearing from you, friend. I hope as we enter into the holiday season you will feel God's peace and love. Who knows? You might even blog about it. You are near and dear to my heart, special one! May God bless you abundantly. I'm doing well. Just returned from a Robert Henderson conference in Phoenix. Topic was Intercession and prayer mantles! Loved it. Ramped up in prayer now!! Love you, sister. Come by any time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if you still see our comments here, but I just wanted to wish you a slightly belated Happy 30th(?) anniversary.❤️💐 I think of you often, and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Sis! I wish you and your family all the promises in the Bible in this coming year. It's always great to hear from you. So glad you're doing well. The holidays were fattening! Any good juice recipes? God keeps telling me He has a great plan for my life (Jer 29:11) I hope to see some surprises here as you suggested! I can't complain; He is a faithful God and supplies all my need. Sending you bunches of love and hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends