My Prayer This Morning (For This Nation)

 


O Lord, hear me as I pray;
    pay attention to my groaning.
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
    for I pray to no one but you.
Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

O God, you take no pleasure in wickedness;
    you cannot tolerate the sins of the wicked.
Therefore, the proud may not stand in your presence,
    for you hate all who do evil.
You will destroy those who tell lies.
    The Lord detests murderers and deceivers.

Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house;
    I will worship at your Temple with deepest awe.
Lead me in the right path, O Lord,
    or my enemies will conquer me.
Make your way plain for me to follow.

My enemies cannot speak a truthful word.
    Their deepest desire is to destroy others.
Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave.
    Their tongues are filled with flattery.
10 O God, declare them guilty.
    Let them be caught in their own traps.
Drive them away because of their many sins,
    for they have rebelled against you.

11 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
    let them sing joyful praises forever.
Spread your protection over them,
    that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
12 For you bless the godly, O Lord;
    you surround them with your shield of love. Psalm 5 (NLT)


I have a deep longing to go back to my old posts and through the past written words, they become my daily devotions and prayers. This morning, my eyes stopped at Psalm 5. My prayer today. There is no amount of lockdown that will ever stop God's work in each person He chooses for His plan and that person, who in return, chooses to obey God.The true lockdown isn't about stopping the COVID. It is a deceiving plan to mask freedom and faith in God. The unseen slavery is if one allows sins to be his/her master.



"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." - 2 Timothy 1:7 (ESV)

 

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. " - Galatians 5:22-23 (ESV)


"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." - Proverbs 16:9 (ESV)


9 comments:

  1. I saw this tweeted earlier this week. Laura Ingraham retweeted it:

    The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:

    0-19 99.997%
    20-49 99.98%
    50-69 99.5%
    70+ 94.6%

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am praying for our nation too.

      Delete
    2. Wow! What lies for a long time and is still continuing! Even though a lot are suffering mentally and physically... I think it's important that we all pray together because evilness are rampant so I'm happy that you are sister! Thank you for your visiting. God bless.

      Delete
  2. This post and your thoughts are rich for me, especially now. I like praying the psalms, also, especially for all the victimization the mean political party tries to perpetrate. All lies and these masks we are told to wear...especially when I work out at the gym! Yikes; ever exercise with a mask? Not good. I watched The Return yesterday on You Tube and thought of you as I watched so many intercessors pray at the D.C. Mall. I shared about this prayer time there on facebook from a friend's post and comments piled on my page to my delight. I have asked the Lord: "Who is my tribe?" Who feels like I do about all this? I know that you are praying like pray and that makes me smile. So, woman of faith, we face another week and it may get brutal for our new supreme court nominee, etc. but we know Jesus and we know how to pray with authority!!!!! The battle is won by prayer. Hugs to you (and prayers always.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The battle is won by prayer." I agree sister Mary!!! Though He knows already even before we ask anything. How more active the lies and all baseless accusations I'm sure will come up as we already know who was chosen for the Supreme Court and what a godly woman!!! All these riots and rebellions show how many are so in need of knowing God! And as you and I know, nothing will go against what the Lord has already willed to happen. That's what's great if a person fears the Lord. Surely, it's the beginning of knowledge and wisdom! Her faith is what will shield her from all these evil tactics! Same for the President and other godly leaders! God bless all those who do what is right in the eyes of God! Praying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayer is so important in these times, as in all times. I watched a film on the television last night called 'Risen' which was a lovely film about the Lord visiting disciples after His resurrection. I hope and pray that the more these films come on the television the more will be drawn to the Lord. I believe that these turbulent times will bring many to seek the Lord. God bless you for sharing , I continue to pray for all men everywhere to come to the knowledge of salvation through Jesus. God wants all to be saved , and the enemy is rife in this world now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers are indeed vital each day sister Brenda. I believe there's always shaking done by the Lord time to time to draw people He's calling near Him. Repentance and revival are what this world needs.Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think now more than ever, our nation needs prayer as we seem to be entangled in a battle between good and evil. I pray that the Lord would draw our hearts back to Him, and open our eyes and give us discernment so we could see the truth in what is going on, and that in His mercy and grace, He would heal our land. (2 Chr. 7:14-16)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a spiritual battle isn't it? But even more so nowadays, the enemy is truly seeking for preys like roaring lion and boy they're not afraid to roar! But God is still in control and that I believe everything has a purpose. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends