Pinocchio's

“Glorify a lie, legalize a lie, arm and equip a lie, consecrate a lie with solemn forms and awful penalties, and after all it is nothing but a lie. It rots a land and corrupts a people like any other lie, and by and by the white light of God's truth shines clear through it, and shows it to be a lie.” – E. H. Chapin

The battle I’m dealing with at work has been going on for 9 months now. But on my part, my effort to fight back has not even started.

Those people holding a higher position make it seem that they are giving me options to help me keep my job. In reality, there is none. All of my previous benefits are stripped away. Not only they accused me with no basis but they keep playing their game.

Photo Credit
How do you catch liars but with inconsistencies with their answers or any statements? I think I’m seeing a lot of “Pinocchio’s”. I can’t imagine with the 11 years I have been working in the prison, if some of these people’s noses do grow, I often wonder what the length will be by now.

I asked a simple question.

“What is my job status now?”

The answers got me confused.

~ “You’re an extra help so you’re still part of the County…”
~ “You are not terminated. You just had a transition from one job classification to another…”
~ “You have limited benefits (when they took it away!)…”
~ “You are not a contract…(So…why do they want me to sign one?)…”

Again, I emailed to have this clarified. The promise was:

“I’ll look into this and will get back with you…” (Sounds like a lie or truth?)…

I will let you know if this simple question will get a straight answer, God-willing. In the meantime, I’m glad to be not working as much. I surely hate it to be bumping against “long noses”…

“Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.”
– Proverbs 12:22(ESV)

“You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” – John 8:44 (ESV)

“But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.”
– Matthew 15:18-22 (ESV)

11 comments:

  1. It seems to me that the world has become a place where everything goes.. Many people think it's okay to lie... steal.. do the wrong thing.. My pastor had a great sermon not too long ago - He said that we as followers of Christ must live a supernatural life - not of this world but of God's kingdom... So in other words - keep doing what you are doing.. what you know is right - and God will show up and show off - He always does...
    Love to you doing this very stressful and confusing time.
    I've Become My Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. May they be found out and the truth prevail. I find comfort in these times that God sees all that is oppressing.

    Love and prayers,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. God sees and God contends. That is the truth I've been standing on for the last couple of years. I know it's not easy. Sorry to hear about this. I will be praying. This is what I know for sure: it always pays to do what is right and do everything as unto the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are working too.

    Coming to your blog, reading your struggles, helps me a long with mine. But, nothing compared to yours.

    Sure being thrown under the bus and people look the other way was not easy and very hurtful. Still, I get comfort from what you share and the Scripture verse. Even though I know your battle is hard for you as well. Blessings dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cameleons! It's amazing how people can shape-shift to make anything & everything work to their advantage. This sounds like the proverbial "stall" so they can dodge a direct or real response they might have to live with.

    I'm so thankful you have eyes to see and ears to hear. God has your back (and front), girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The simple quote by Martin Luther King Jr really speaks volumes...faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase.

    Our life really is a life of faith. Like Abraham who obeyed and went even though he did not know where he was going, we are called to live a life of faith... and most of the time we do not know how it will all end. One thing we do know, God will not let go of us, and He will not forsake us.

    Praying for you in the uncertainties of the season you are in.

    Much love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry your life is in such a hard place. I encourage myself all the time by reminding me that nothing is wasted for those that love God. I know God is teaching you things you could not know or even learn any other way. He certainly is teaching me. We tend to depend on Him more - in tribulation.

    He could be preparing your for your next promotion :) Maybe God will give you a new job - outside of those prison walls. You never know.

    Praying for you
    Patrina <")>><

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Sister, as I pray for you this is the Word that came to my heart:

    Psalm 17
    A prayer of David.

    1 Hear me, LORD, my plea is just;
    listen to my cry.
    Hear my prayer—
    it does not rise from deceitful lips.
    2 Let my vindication come from you;
    may your eyes see what is right.

    3 Though you probe my heart,
    though you examine me at night and test me,
    you will find that I have planned no evil;
    my mouth has not transgressed.
    4 Though people tried to bribe me,
    I have kept myself from the ways of the violent
    through what your lips have commanded.
    5 My steps have held to your paths;
    my feet have not stumbled.

    6 I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
    turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
    7 Show me the wonders of your great love,
    you who save by your right hand
    those who take refuge in you from their foes.
    8 Keep me as the apple of your eye;
    hide me in the shadow of your wings
    9 from the wicked who are out to destroy me,
    from my mortal enemies who surround me.

    10 They close up their callous hearts,
    and their mouths speak with arrogance.
    11 They have tracked me down, they now surround me,
    with eyes alert, to throw me to the ground.
    12 They are like a lion hungry for prey,
    like a fierce lion crouching in cover.

    13 Rise up, LORD, confront them, bring them down;
    with your sword rescue me from the wicked.
    14 By your hand save me from such people, LORD,
    from those of this world whose reward is in this life.
    May what you have stored up for the wicked fill their bellies;
    may their children gorge themselves on it,
    and may there be leftovers for their little ones.

    15 As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face;
    when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the things I struggle with the most is injustice. I'm always wanting to come out swinging and fix it NOW. However, I have learned that many times God calls us to wait - and I have to learn to wait with grace - and to find not "joy in the WAITING" but to discover that while I am waiting, to be distracted by the joy and other things God has available.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you, sweet sister ~ sorry you have to work around them. I pray the truth will be revealed, and you will be victorious.

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends