The Untamed




Spilling everything with tears over the phone to this particular supervisor, she was silent at the other end of the line. She never interrupted me as I related the hurtful words delivered in front of my face by the medical examiner, as I was being evaluated for my injury that happened years ago.

“Don’t worry about it,” she finally cut-off.

“Just give me the medical note from your doctor,” she added.

The same heart which listened compassionately that day was the same heart that sat next to me and demanded for me to give another medical note, when it was clear that my injury was permanent. The same mouth which uttered the words that sounded like encouraging was the same mouth delivering the message of her intention to end my career.

The words were: “I would be off-duty” starting April 25, 2011.

To her, her statement was ended with a period. But on my part, her statement was ended with a question mark. In God’s perfect time, she and others would need to answer. Not only with their mouths. But to show the true intentions of their hearts. To bring all the hidden lies under His Light.

The tongue....so small of an organ...yet so hard to tame...

“Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.” – Proverbs 21:23 (ESV)


“Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” – Ephesians 4:29 (ESV)

“Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit.” –Psalm 34:13 (ESV)


“For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well. Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell.”
– James 3:2-10(ESV)


“From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so.”
- James 3:10 (ESV)

There is Someone from the beginning Who has never failed to encourage all of us. And it is His Words that I'm clinging to.



8 comments:

  1. The law changes in 2014 under what is called 'Obamacare". "Pre-existing" conditions will NOT be allowed to be taken in account with respect to insurance.

    Thus, one with MS and the expensive drugs needed to cope, will be perceived as a "person", not a medical liability.

    The law has been passed; it is in effect in another three years (oddly).

    Many employers are jettisoning any risk they hold now, and eliminating high medical cost employees. Older employees are having major trouble getting jobs, as they are inclined to be in the subset of "pre-existing" conditions of varied sort.

    Your ability to do the job, and indeed, exceed performance, is without question.
    Your legal status and cost as an employee with pre-existing condition seems to be rearing its head here.

    Some employees have work protection, some are "at will" and may be dismissed with NO CAUSE or REASON required. It is getting tougher in the marketplace of skills and jobs.

    But I have never known God to abandon those who hold his hand, with the sole exception of His Son on the Cross, for filling HIS hands with our sins....to be purged first.

    Hang ON!

    "The LORD your God is with you,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
    He will take great delight in you;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
    but will rejoice over you with singing.”
    ~~~Zephaniah 3:17


    In a time of great trouble, and need for deliverance, a young woman called me (I could hear before) and said this verse.

    But she changed EVERY reference to "you", and replaced it with my personal name and sang it.


    The LORD your God is with Rosel,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
    He will take great delight in Rosel;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke Rosel,
    but will rejoice over Rosel with singing.”

    Please imagine the Lord Jesus Christ SINGING over you, using your name in His song.
    For that is precisely what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Wanda: A sincere "thank you!" God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Keystone: His Word...so comforting...Thank you also. I have no doubt, this is happening not only to refine me...but I can't wait when His glory is revealed in all of this. To Him be the glory forever and ever...I'm only His shadow...Glory be to the Light...God bless and thank you for your "prayers"...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed, Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a guide unto my path.

    Your post is quiet and gentle, full of trust.

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sister Lidj: You have been by my side since this battle started, along with many friends here/bros/sisters/ in Christ who are praying along side with me. If you sense my complete trust in the Lord, it is because I know He is "everything that we need". To Him be the glory forever and ever.
    This morning, I was crying as I worshiped Him with my guitar. It was because the fact that without Him, I knew I would not have this hope and that my heart would be full of fear and worries if He didn't give His Word that lasts forever.
    God bless sister and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @sister Jenjen: Thank you to you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends