Love Is The Answer

9 years ago, these were the different entries in my journal I kept for my child:

my journal entry on 9/11/01


“Today, America was waken up by the cold-blooded murders of innocent people…..”

“Daddy [my hubby] woke me up and called me from his cell phone. He broke the news about this evil act of terrorism. He was riding in one of the Metrolink trains, bound for his work as _____ [someone who loves to serve and protect this country’s freedom]. I hated the fact that you [my son] would wake up to this kind of violence…”

“This tragic event would change America’s history - forever…”


How do you just explain to a very young mind, waking up to that evil act in front of the tv set, that somehow, some enemies found some vulnerabilities in America, where they could intentionally harm it and its people. Land of the free. Land of equality…?”

the gruesome headline that morning


Some wounds heal. Some wounds don’t. This is the kind of wound that America had sustained from its political and spiritual enemy. It cut so deep that Americans’ hearts would be forever marred. But I believe that through “love”, wounds do heal. The scar would forever be there. But I believe….love is the answer:
For love is not biased……It’s the people who choose to be unfair.

Love is never cold….It’s the people who choose to be unresponsive and lack with enthusiasm.

Love is a special gift…It’s the people who choose not to share it with others.

Love can spread and be infectious….It’s the people who choose not to communicate it.

And “God” is love…It’s the people who choose not to recognize His greatest attribute…

“Listen to me, all you who are left in Israel. I created you and have cared for you since before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime - until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you. To whom will you compare me? Who is my equal?” - Isaiah 46:4-5

“O Israel, how can you say the Lord does not see your troubles? How can you say God refuses to hear your case? Have you never heard or understood? Don’t you know that the Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” - Isaiah 40:27-30




Father God, I remember all the pain, all the hurt that morning. It still comes to mind as fresh as it was 9 years ago. Because I know this nation wept. Because I know You wept.

Lord, to those who lost their loved ones on that day, please cover them with Your strength and comfort. To those who have been enveloped with fear, please sustain them with the courage that comes from Your powerful hands.

Lord, please protect us and continue to guide us, as we continue to walk in our own journeys. Despite the pain, despite the wounds, help us grow in Your likeness. Help us share Your faithful and unconditional love with those who don't know or acknowledge You. Guide the leaders Lord in this country and give us a revival in all of our hearts. To know You. To seek You. To turn back to you. And turn away from all those things that do not glorify You.

Lord, help the people of this great nation to come together and because of Your love, be united instead of being divided out of all our differences. Help us not wait until another tragedy comes to be united. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

16 comments:

  1. Amen, my dear sister. I wasn't in your country at the time, but we in South Africa lived through the terror and horror with you. And yes, I have a similar post on my blog tomorrow. If you'd like to visit. I believe we should show unconditional love to all even those who hurt us. We have to move on, The only way to do it, is by forgiving others. Bless you my friend. And God be with the families of those who lost their lives years ago. Prayerfully and with hope for the future, Amen. Greetings from Jo (North Africa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked, Because thou has made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the Most High, thy habitation..Psalm 91:7-9 Praise His Holy Name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right that day will never be forgotten. You have a good and forgiving heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you wrote that love is the answer. Man does cruel things. I so remember that fateful day of 9/11. What a terrible tragedy that impacted so many. Such a beautiful heart felt prayer you wrote.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    PS. I know the Lord brought me together with other blogging friends for a purpose too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remembering with sadness, too, that day. Love your prayer and I believe love heals, also. Bless you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tribute Rosel. Thank you for honoring this day. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose, I have seen your name at last..thrilling.
    I believe everyone grieves over 911, it hit us all in Australia also. I wrote a poem about it so will post it on my blog..so very sad. This was one time I got angry. God Bless you. Crystal xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen dear sister! Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I'm remembering and praying with hope in Christ on this tender day that has touched all of us in many ways.

    I love you and I stand in prayer with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know the saying, "God is Love" - and I remember being so stunned - those around me stunned, too - because our country, based on Judeo-Christian values is seeped in "God is Love" - how could people so willingly hurt so many people. I think the comparison to the terrorists who did not know a God of Love, didn't read the Gospel of Love - to those who responded to such an attack - and you see the absolute beauty of God's love in the outreach, the hearts that grieved - and America was stripped down to her very essance - and we responded to those hurt with such love. What a beautiful post to remind us - that love is the foundation of who we are! A God's love foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen, Rosel!! I'm remembering this day with such a sense of urgency to pray for the heart condition of our nation.

    Thank you for sharing, sweet friend!

    I'm standing with you in prayer for America!!

    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen. Thank you for your prayer. I remember this day with sadness and tears. Praying with you today. Blessings and hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember. May ths nation remember and turn from the world to the Lord Jesus Christ in faith and belief. May this nation have revival and come to a "saving" knowledge of the Savior of all mankind. May this country acknowledge the Creator and the Redeemer of all the lives and has breath, and may we take the gospel message to this lost & dying world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore your emphasis here on the anniversary of 9/11. Even though awful stuff happens, we can still know that God love us, we can still trust Him. We can still extend His love. To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that day really hit that anything at anytime can happen...and anywhere in the world. To anybody. The safest place is in Him...It's so hard to understand how another human being can be so decieved to think killing would result in anything good. Me too, I'm praying

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's true what you say about love. Love is the answer that so many of us ignore (or forget).
    Blessings,
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends