My Gala Apple Tree

“J!” I hollered to my husband as he was standing close to our apple tree in the sideyard. “Can you pick some?”

“They still need a little bit more time,” he answered.

“Aww…They’re sweet! I ate one this morning!” I replied with a little disappointment.

We had bought a few dwarf fruit trees few years ago, when we just moved in into this house we’re living in now. One of them was this gala apple tree. The first time it bore fruits, I was hooked. The fruits were sweet, every bite echoed a crispy, refreshing sound.

And in every bite came the bittersweet reality that took me back to the garden of Eden, when our great [thousands of “great”] Grandma Eve chose to disobey God by taking those risky bites from that fruit.

Genesis 3:6 [49 kb]
I must say I should be angry with Eve for doing that. Thanks to her, I had tasted what “pain” meant to give birth to a child. And my hubby working hard to make ends meet?

Now, who knows what kind of apple she ate and Adam ate. But what matters to me now is the truth that God truly loves humanity so much that He sent Jesus down here, the true Vine. And any fruit that clings to this Vine and remains on this Vine will truly live. What’s amazing with this Tree, is that even though I’m not a grape, He grafted me. And so if you are a peach, lemon, cherry, whatever fruit, you are invited to cling to this Vine. But don’t you brag about it!

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit— fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.” - John 15:16

To be a part of this vine, it’s just impossible to be united with God and remain ignorant of Him. And especially, not to show or manifest His own attribute - which is love.

“4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”- John 15:4-5


Remaining is not simply to just believe in Jesus. It is to be in union with Him. To know more about Him and to know more about Jesus is to know more about the things of God, for Jesus is the complete representation of God. To remain in Him brings the deepest fulfillment and deepest joy in our lives. But to some, “obedience” means conforming to societal rules. But to Jesus, “obedience” means conforming to the Father Who is the Source of love. If there is no joy in us, then maybe we need to consider how much we know Jesus.

If you are that kind of fruit that continues to reject the invitation to be “grafted” into the Vine, it’s fortunate that God’s response is always to pursue you with love.

So, what kind of fruit are you? Producing on your own or are you willing to remain in the Vine? How great it must be to see every church becoming a beautiful garden in this world, instead of a lone retreat.

Before you take that bite from whatever fruit you’re eating, think about it….

21 comments:

  1. I'm STUCK to the vine. Duct-taped on! Superglued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abiding. It's where I'm most content, and most "fruitful". Whatever comes my way, it is best greeted from the grafted view.

    Blessings, friend. You are "gala" on so many levels!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am clinging to the vine sis, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clinging with my friends in Christ. I love this post!!!
    Blessings,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN to all of this. What a wonderful post. Abiding in Him is where I LOVE to be...Have a wonderful day....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and inspiring post. Abiding in Christ is where I want to be.... God's blessings too you. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  7. An anonymous soul, moments ago, took a saw to every limb on my tree, and sawed deeply. Those branches still left, were then, twisted and destroyed intentionally.

    Some....know how to hurt.

    I hurt.

    Neither duct tape nor superglue will work.

    Perhaps the tears hitting my socks as I type cross legged, will encourage new growth, but my tree was distorted for good this day.

    Those who pray, are welcome friends, and gratefully accepted intercessors.

    Abiding is difficult at best when cruelty weighs on your boughs.
    My footprint here is broken limbs this day.

    Since I am at a loss to even pray on it, I leave that up to you, since you still abide just fine.

    Sometimes, I just can not believe what I see in people OUTSIDE the jails.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A big AMEN to a "right on" post. If we are not abiding in Christ we will wither and die. Jesus said, "without Me you can do nothing"

    I think I'll take a break from this computer and go eat a apple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Keystone....Your hurt I can feel...Our first parents lived in that perfect world...until that awful bite of that forbidden fruit... They enjoyed no violence in that beautiful garden of Eden...

    People change, even Christians...May His love remind you that our God is not the One Who changes.

    Praying for God's "shalom, comfort, healing, strength" where it hurts. Those branches haven't died. Praying for your roots to be nourished by His unfathomable love...I will keep you in my daily prayers. And I pray you will stop by when you want to. Take care. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very good post! A few of us were thinking (fruit) (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clinging to the vine and the cross! Rosel, a post well written and touching. Blessings, JBR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rosel,
    What a beautiful post - it just spoke to me so powerfully tonight. Thank you for ministering to so many with your thoughtful posts. And thank for for stopping by and your nice comments on my grandbaby and pictures!

    Blessings,
    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosel, What a great post. I pray you are well and having a great week. Much Love,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rosel, Thank You for your friendship and support. I know that there is Power In Prayer. Love you lots,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post. It's so amazing to be be chosen! It never ceases to awe me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for that beautiful post, my friend. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rosel,

    What an amazing and beautiful post! I am so humbled HE seeks us, loves us, forgives us, and so much more! I cling to HIM knowing that without HIM I am lost, without hope and can do NOTHING!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Powerful sharing Rosel...

    I'm holding on to the Vine, our Jesus, with all of my heart, soul and mind!!! I'm thankful that He desires that I abide in Him and that He abides in me. Love HIM.

    P.S. I said a prayer for Keystone as I read her comment.

    Love and hugs to you Rosel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @RCUBES and @LisaShaw,

    I wanted to take a moment to tell you how grateful I am that you noticed my comment, my hurt, my need for prayer, and answered.

    It is my experience that when it comes to prayer,"HE ANSWERS", too.

    I am grateful to both of you remembering me in your prayers.
    And Lisa, Keystone is a him. :)
    That info is for you; Our Lord already knows who your prayers apply toward.

    Blessings to you both....for being the type of persons you are.

    Keystone

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ Keystone: I hope that sister Lisa would see the corrections :) She's a very busy woman of God! She's an awesome intercessor and I know in all of this, let's just give all our thanks to our good God Who is always ready to listen [though He knows what we are to ask for]. Take care Keystone! God bless.

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends