Hanging On To The End Of The Rope

Photo Credit
I feel that my body is not the same anymore. The numerous tasks I used to do in one day, now takes a lot of days, one thing at a time. I mowed the lawn last Wednesday and the back part of my upper rib [close to my shoulder] got achy. Thinking I just got tired from holding the edger, the achy sensation would just go away. But it still comes on and off. My husband knows I’m stubborn when it comes to doing this chore. I enjoy it despite the neck injury I had few years ago.

If this achy feeling on my neck and shoulders don’t go away, I might just have to see my doctor. Don’t you know that nurses are the “worst kind” of patients, diagnosing self and coming up with horrendous medical conditions? If arthritis is setting in, this wouldn’t be fun. I visited my friend last night and went home with medicated patches on my elbows and right shoulder, used for arthritic kind of pain or for sprains/strains. I was glad my hubby and child were sleeping when I got home or else they would have smelled my new perfume that had the aroma of “pain relieving cream.”

So, if you don’t mind me asking you, friends/spiritual warriors to pray for me and for the Lord to heal this ailment. Working nights for 20 years, I know it will take a toll sometime on me. But I always enjoy the night shift. I was just meant to be a night owl.

I’m just asking the Lord to give me more time to be able to raise up my child until he’s steady on his own. I know that in this life’s journey, sufferings seem to be more abundant. But we are not to be afraid. When God adopted us into His family, He gives us what He gave to Christ. “But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.” - Romans 8:17

If we are facing any trials, no matter how hopeless they may seem, feeling like we’re dangling at the end of the rope sometimes, let us remember that even if we are tired and feeling like we’re going to fall from hanging on or even feel like just letting go of the knot, we are not to lose hope. God promised to be there always and He will be there to catch us when we fall.

Suffering from sickness? Give it to God. From financial troubles? Hand it over to Him. Other worries? He’s waiting for you to give it to Him. Because all of them are already paid for by Jesus! Done! Over!

“But if we look forward to something we don’t have yet, we must wait patiently and confidently.” - Romans 8:25


“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don’t even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” - Romans 8:26-28

15 comments:

  1. Dear friend, it's an honor to lock hands with you at the feet of our Jesus and to lift you to the Throne so that you can receive all the grace, mercy and healing that your body needs from head to toe! GOD is faithful and He is faithful to hold us steady in HIM.

    Praying for you right now and for your family...

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I cried out to God just this morning that I had tied the end of the rope so many times I wasn't sure if there was any rope left.
    But I know he has it all in control and I just have to trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh LORD you are the Most High God. There is nothing that is out of your control. I pray that you would touch my sweet friend Rosel's shoulder and back and restore healing and strength to her body. Give her the knowledge to do exactly what needs to be done to bring relief. Thank you for your love and care. In Jesus' Name ~ Amen

    Of course it is an honor to pray for you my friend. I can so relate to everything you said here... well, except for the part about being a nurse. :)

    I was really blessed by the video today too. This was definitely a God-Stop for me this evening. Thank you for always being a blessing.

    Will keep you in prayer. Don't worry, He's got the rope. ♥

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty good at giving all my troubles to Him, I just to learn to leave them there. Oh, and work on the waiting thing too. ;) I hope all is well with you and your family and that you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I join the chorus of prayers here, my friend. I'm sorry you are hurting.

    And this so you ... to offer a word of encouragement to us, even in the midst of your own pain.

    Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I was there, I'd give you my mineral ice too and add to your new perfume tray. I love that stuff! But long distance, I hold you in my heart and pray God's healing over your aching neck and shoulder. It's a pleasure to stand in the gap for you, my friend. I'm believing for a pain free, quiet weekend and favor of God everywhere you step. We're close in thought and spirit.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreeing with all of our sisters here that God meet all of your needs. Rest, rest , rest, In Him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear one sorry for your pain..... ((((Rosel))))
    This post has touched me and many of your readers here as well. May God's touch be everlasting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosel, a few years ago, I experienced such horrendous pain in that area of my back...thinking that I was experiencing symptoms of a heart attack. Lucien was only a year old then. My parents came and I went to the Doctor's office.

    It was a muscle pulling on the rib cage. For two years I dealt with that ailment and still do when I use myself wrong. Anything similar to pushing a stroller (that bending and arm outstretched), pushing a mower, pulling, carrying a child whom should no longer be carried...etc. Even a simple turn can set it off.

    Taking care of ourselves and readjusting to these things is possible, slowing down is something that we're suppose to understand as the years go by...and I really think we were suppose to understand before then, spiritually.

    Father, bless Rosel with your Mighty Hands of Love and Care. Reach deeply inside, releasing her of worry and ailment. Fill her with Your peace and contentment; and enable her the desire for Your Will in every area of her life. Bless her with Your presence and the sense's to feel Your Spirit with her in every moment. We trust You, in The Name of Jesus, for all goodness. ♥Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Rosel I will pray for you for sure. This morning (early ~ I am such a morning gal, haha) I was laying in bed hurting soo bad from the arthritis in my knees and lower back I couldn't fall back to sleep. Sometimes I "sleep wrong" and wake up with it hurting so. It scares me that if I am in that much pain at 55 how will I be at 65 or 75 if God willing I live that long? I need to do the replacement surgery on both knees and yet I dread 2 more surgergies and months of RH. I begged God for the strength for this day and thanked Him for all of my blessings. It is soo hard sometimes in these mortal bodies to keep a heavenly prespective. We are just passing through. And while we are here we will suffer. THANK YOU soo much for posting these scriptures that I was able to read this morning. You are soo right of course. We can be at the end of our ropes and yet He IS slways there to catch and see us through. Have a WONDERFUL week-end! HUGS, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you. And have someone else mow the lawn. You rest, please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Though absent from the Internet, the best of reading is always available to be caught up anew. That would be here!

    The picture caught my eye.
    Learning any new language is difficult, especially later in life as an adult.

    The language I must learn is ASL, American Sign Language, since I now no longer hear.

    There are seveal variations on the word "TRUST", but the first version I learned was to grab an invisible rope above you, close hands on it, and yank down.......TRUST!
    (you TRUST that the rope will hold you)

    ASL Browser on Google allows you to build a vocabulary, by choosing a letter at the base, and then, scroll words, beginning with that letter on your screen right-side. A movie then appears to teach a "sign" version of the word (and instructions).

    TRUST
    The hands close tightly around something to show that a person has a good hold on it.

    Rosel, you're the type of person I "trust", and I will think of you each time I sign that word now.

    God bless you abundantly,
    Keystone

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Keystone: Your visits and especially your precious comments I treasure! [I wish you have a blog knowing many will be blessed!]...Thank you Keystone. You trust me because I am changed by Him! It's not me you trust. It's Him in me :) God bless you more and keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying with you, and for you sis. I love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Rosel, you sweet Sister! I had no idea. I don't have time to visit like I should. I know at this point you are feeling better and for that I am grateful! I'm glad you had prayer warriors lifting you up.

    I speak peace into your muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints in the Name of Jesus.

    Bless you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends