Next!

“Next!” I slightly yelled for the next arrestee on line. There was a line piling up on the male side of the prison’s Intake as I worked there last Saturday night. They would line up after being searched by the deputies. As they arrived from different cars: Sheriff's, Highway Patrol, City Cops... Except they couldn’t come in, into my small clinic, until their arresting cop was right there by the door. Before they could see me and be interviewed by me.

“How come you have bruises on your left arm?”

“It’s the cops! They did something to it!” a drunk male whispered, as he slowly rotated his left shoulder. The smell of alcohol reeked inside that small room and I held my breath.

“I think my shoulder hurt, too. I don't know what the cops did to me,” he whined.

Checking his charges really quick, I uttered, “Sir, you were arrested because you had a fight with your spouse. Am I correct?”

He just scratched his head. Didn’t say anything.

“In case, you end up staying in the jail, you may put a sick call request though. If your shoulder or the bruises start bothering you. Okay?”

"Tell me the truth. Lay it all out. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to help you with your medical condition if you don't tell me what truly happened."

He just whispered a soft “thank you”. The cop was smiling at me. He knew that I caught him lying. For blaming the authorities when he was injured fighting with his spouse. He tried to resist their arrest.

“Next!”….I yelled as I was wondering what the next case would be. The arresting cop stood by the door and called his arrestee to sit down in front of me.

God has been calling “next!” to each of us. He wants us to approach His room of mercy. But we couldn’t approach Him without the Cop standing before us. We can only approach God’s mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. No one else. No other means.

At the end of the road? Don't know where to go in your life's journey? Tell him the truth!

Hooked up on drugs and other illegal substances? Give it to Him.

Tired of trials and heavy loads? Give it to Him!

Lay down your pride...Be still...Listen to His call!

"NEXT!!!"

“Now let me address all of you, high and low, rich and poor, one with another, to accept of mercy and grace while it is offered to you; Now is the accepted time, now is the day of salvation; and will you not accept it, now it is offered unto you?” - George Whitefield



[On the side note, I said I was busy! I am! But glory to God for giving me time and strength to do everything today and still be able to write for Him. Thank You Lord and thank You that through Jesus, we are able to come boldly before Your throne of grace. I love You Lord!]….

Okay, precious friends...Gotta' go again and may you all have a wonderful day and be strong in the Lord's mighty power. Always ask for His protection in everything that you do. If I have time later, I will try to visit you and maybe we can all have coffee? God bless you all!

12 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that God calls "next" to me ever time that I fail and need His mercy! And because of Jesus He beckons me always to come boldly to His throne where He generously provides mercy for my failures and grace to help me in my time of need. Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish my sister could know how Jesus stands there waiting for her with His arms wide open, calling "next". I want her, for the first time in her life to experience true joy. She is doing fine now; I spent the afternoon with her. And thank you for the lovely words and encouragement on my blog. :)

    On another note. Thank you for praying -- I got a job today! I start tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous because I'll be out of my element, but I believe that if that's where God wants me, then I'll grow into it!

    Big hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosel,

    I can only imagine how humiliating it was for that man to tell you that his shoulder injury was caused by his fight with his wife. He would probably feel lower if he had to admit the truth.

    Thank goodness that you are always there to help these people become a better person on the inside. I can't wait to see the life and times of your life.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've heard "next" in my spiritual journey. I've got the coffee pot on and the carrot cake is cooling so we can put the buttercream frosting on. Wish you were here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosel,
    Thank you again my friend for all you do for HIM!!!! I love you. You are in my prayers always.
    Your sister in Christ,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! And, you're right. God is always standing there saying "next". I'm grateful that He always is and that we can bring our troubles, burdens, and heartaches to Him through Jesus Christ. Like the police officer in your story, I just imagine Jesus is standing there smiling as well. Sweet, sweet Jesus!

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us. God bless you!

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rosel ~ If so many were open their ears to hear that precious word ~ NEXT! What a gift they would find, what open doorways and forgiveness awaits them! May we all keep our eyes and ears in tune with what the Spirit is saying to US!

    Coffee is on my friend and my arms are wide open ready to wrap them around your sweet neck (ever so gently so I won't hurt you!!!)

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, LOVE novel size comments and please know I love hearing - reading about someone expressing their faith. What I love about reading your blog is how you use analogy to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You don't write too much and if anyone says they do, you tell them to come talk to me. ;)

    And, I know you're right. God loves all His creation. I'm sure you see and hear a lot where you work. I'm ashamed to admit this, but sometimes it's hard to imagine God would love anyone who would hurt a child, but He does. I suppose I get so angry because watching my children suffer is so hard for me. However, no matter how angry and disgusted I get at my ex-husband's actions, I've never ceased in praying for him, but I do appreciate you reminding me God's loves all His children no matter what.

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I began crying at your heart-felt words... knowing someone cares is simply awesome and the greatest of all blessings. Your encouraging words have truly helped me, so again, thank you!

    Now, see? I can write novel sized comments, too. I love sending them just as much as receiving them, so type away. I won't mind it one little bit! :D God bless you today and every day, and know you're always in my prayers.

    Your sister and friend in Christ,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have missed visiting my bloggy friends! You have a great gift of taking the ordinary of life and relating it to the extraordinary of God.

    I hope to be back more regularly soon!
    May you find peace and rest in your hurry!
    Shalom,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so grateful that I can bring my troubles to God and that He does provide direction when I don't know where to go or what to do.

    Be blessed dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said!
    Thanks for sharing truth so creatively.

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends