Who Controls You?

You would think that inmates being locked up are following rules. Or that it is easier to track their activities. The truth is…despite being incarcerated and being under surveillance, they still manage to do the things they want to do. From smuggling contrabands to making their own alcohol, they are able to think of many ways to improvise what they need to carry out any illegal plans. They might appear to be out of control at times. Some might succeed but this is where a surprise “shakedown” comes in from custody staff. To maintain safety, not only for the custody staff but among inmates themselves.

[Please silence my playlist]:

 

 
As Christians, many of us claim that we have God on our side. But have we asked ourselves if we are on “God’s side?” How many of us are truly controlled by Jesus Christ? It’s easier said than done. For I, myself, need the constant confession of my own improvisations of things that do not glorify Him. I don’t know about you, but I’m glad that the Holy Spirit is quick to give me a “surprise shakedown”. Which catches me off-guard.

The secret of an abundant life is to allow Jesus Christ to control our lives. Through His Holy Spirit living within us. When you realize that you have sinned, confess them immediately and thank God for His forgiveness. But you must continue to walk in fellowship with God. As you pray, examine your hearts. Do you honestly want Jesus to control your life? If not, ask God to change your heart.

When the Holy Spirit catches you with a big surprise, list the areas of your life that you believe should be under His control. Ask God to show you the ways to bring these areas under His control.
 
1 Corinthians 2:11 - “For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.” [NIV]

Galatians 5:16-24 - “16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law. 19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.” [NIV]

14 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit living in me, convicting, protecting, gently leading & keeping me on His path/will for my life. I'm so thankful for the protecion of that higher calling. He disciplines those He loves. I joke sometimes about how much He must love me b/c He sure doesn't let me get away with much!

    One of my favorite verses on His leading...
    Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
    Isaiah 30:21

    Blessings sister & thank you as always for the good word to ponder today!
    Wylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post dear sister! Oh, how thankful I am for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit daily leading, protecting, directing and convicting!

    I so loved the way you stated....."I...need the constant confession of my own improvisations of things that do not glorify Him". And I'm so grateful for a Savior who is faithful and just to forgive us of all our sins as we repent and run into His Grace!

    I'm still trying to catch up with my wonderful bloggy friends and wish you an abundantly blessed 2010 and thank you for your kind comments in 2009!

    Oh and I love the new look!!

    Sweet Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. all I can think of after watching that video...stay safe out there Rosel...Praying for that....Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know Aunt Mary died this morning. Thank you for your prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad I am lead in the direction of knowing what is right and wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, that is so scary. I don't see how you can work where you do. But you have God's wisdom and are truly a blessing. Thank God for His precious Holy Spirit. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. "When you realize that you have sinned, confess them immediately and thank God for His forgiveness."

    So many times, we remember to do the first, but forget to do the second. This goes beautifully with your blog about G-d always knowing our thoughts and actions and not be able to be surprised.

    When Yeshua, Jesus, did for our sins, G-d knew about the sins you were going to commit before you were born. Therefore, when you repent, don't cower in shame, but rejoice and praise G-d for his forgiveness.

    Good Blog Entry

    Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Rosel...such TRUTH!

    I have to say, after watching that raw footage....I will be praying even MORE for your safety. May you continue to have His Protection surrounding you with every step.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much to chew on here. Who is controlling us? The world? Jesus? Our own selfish desires? Submission to Christ is the only way to true freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosel,

    I am with you and thankful that I can lay down my sin when I get those surprise shakedowns....I pray I don't allow my pride to come in the way and that Jesus has ALL of me!! That my blindspots are revealed!!!

    Bless you Rosel ~ always in prayer for your protection and in praise for you godly example and encouragement

    I love you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm grateful for those "surprise shakedowns" too! Well said indeed that is easy to speak of being wholly God's and wholly controlled by Him; but much more difficult in the details of life. I'm so grateful for His patience with me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a powerful post. I love the analogy you used - the shakedown and God's holy spirit shaking us down.. I love it.. you truly are blessing to me and I enjoy your posts.'
    Love to you
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. So true Rosel. I am always finding areas in my life that need complete surrendering to the Lord. If we ask the Lord, He will surely show us.

    Thank you for always sharing such great food.

    Love & blessings!
    b

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends