Her passion for the Lord was the first thing that caught my attention when I first visited her. I was just so touched by her writing right away, I just knew it in my heart that she is a special woman who writes from her heart.
Despite the trials she faced with her husband, here she is encouraging me and other friends/sisters in Christ! Sister Alleluiabelle, you’re an amazing woman who truly reflects the Lord’s love through your words. You are a great encourager, your poems describe your intense love for God and that even through trials, your heart rejoices because of His presence in your life. You are a great Prayer Intercessor, a friend and most of all a dear sister in Christ. To God be the glory and to Him I say thank You for making us meet and feel that unity that comes from His love, unity that we share along with other blogging friends. May the Lord guide us all, bloggers for Jesus to be more “kreativ” for His glory! I pray that many who still don’t know His love and forgiveness will be attracted to these “kreativ” blogs. Thank You for your thoughtfulness dear sister in His Holy Name. I treasure your friendship. Please visit her site if you haven't met this wonderful daughter of the King.
I am required to nominate 7 other bloggers for this award and they are supposed to nominate 7 others. (Be sure to leave a comment on their blog about the award.) After they accept the award they are then asked to write a list of 7 things that their blog readers may not know about them.
So, this is the hardest knowing there are so many “kreativ” blogs. I would love to share this blessing with:
1. Sister Heather at Beautiful Self
2. Sister Daveda at Grace Talk With Daveda
3. Sister Sarah at Splashin’ Glory
4. Just Be Real
5. Sister Denise at Shorty Bears Place and Free To Be Me
6. Sister Loren at The Magoos News
7. Brother Chris at Prayer
I’ll try to list 7 things here that you may not know about me:
1. The Lord is always no.1 and I know you know that. But I want Him to continue to mold me and do spiritual surgery so I can grow in His likeness.
2. I love Greek food! The pastries are so delicious but I have to be careful or else I’ll grow more sideways.
3. I don’t know how to play tennis and recently, my child’s passion is to be involved in this sport [as the Lord wills]. I took him to the court today. I served the balls as he tried to hit them and he was able to practice more. I did okay in throwing him the ball but I was better at picking up the balls after.
4. I used to love “Starbucks Coffee Frappuccino” but haven’t been drinking it to avoid the calories. I learned to like “Iced Passion Tea” and gotta’ get “venti” of course all the time.
5. I work part-time and I am job sharing with another co-worker. I do 2 nights and she does the 3. [Thanks be to God].
6. I love relaxing by the ocean with my family. Sometimes, we go to the nearest beach which is 20 minutes away from our house and sometimes, eat at the nice restaurant which is at the end of the pier. The sight is so calming while some people are trying to catch fishes.
7. I’ve been a night owl for 20 years now. But I love working the night shift. It’s really a perfect schedule if you have children. I get to see my child and spend quality time with him in the day time, then, still able to take a nap before going to work.
Well, thank you all for being patient to read all these things. I pray that you are encouraged everytime you come here. You are more than welcome to come anytime! Give me a ring and I’ll make some “crab fried rice” next time. God bless and I love you all in Christ’s Name.
The Attacker (5/15/09)
The sun was just peeking from the Eastern skies.
Out in the prison’s yard, some huge Sheriff’s buses were illuminated by the soft glow coming from the lights all over from the tall lamp posts. Their engines were turned on, warming up, before the buses would take the inmates to the different courts where they would have their trials.
Orange-uniformed men were lined up in pairs, joined together with handcuffs and chained, forming a long line. They already had their breakfast and had their morning medications prior to going to courts. Some were fidgeting, as they waited to board those buses.
All of a sudden, all hell broke loose! Two men were engaged in a fight, using weapons they made secretly for a while. Deputies called for help on the radio, both for custody back-up and medical staff, as well.
When the air was cleared and the other inmates were secured, one man was down on the floor. He sustained multiple gashes but two of them were deep. One cut was vertically etched from his left ear going down to the jaw line. The other dangerous cut was horizontal on his left neck, close to the jugular vein. Pool of blood dripped all over the floor. Holding his bleeding neck, he was pointing at the other inmate few feet away, being guarded by the other deputies.
The other man being accused was not hurt. There were no lacerations nor any other signs of trauma. He was obviously very agitated as he was being questioned by those deputies, while the medical staff started treating the other man on the floor. They cleaned the wounds and controlled the bleeding. That man was sent to the nearby hospital.
When the investigation was finalized, it turned out to be that the “downed man who was accusing the other inmate” was the attacker and the other one who didn’t have injury was the one attacked. The deputies found out that it was the second attempt to attack the unhurt man. Both attacks on him failed. He was well-prepared after the first attempt on him, that when the second attempt was done, he was able to defend himself and ended up injuring his attacker severely.
[Source: NLT Bible ]:
We also have an “accuser of the brethren.” Satan and his army of demons are the enemies of God and of everything good.
“Because God’s children are human beings – made of flesh and blood – Jesus also became flesh and blood by being born in human form. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death.” –Hebrews 2:14
Because of what Jesus had done [dying on the cross], we, who live in constant fear of death shouldn’t be afraid anymore. Jesus had freed us from that fear so we can live for Him. When we belong to God, we know that death is only the portal that leads into “eternal life”. [“Thank You Lord!].
Paul warned us, too that we also battle against the evil forces of Satan, who is a vicious fighter. But to be able to withstand their attacks, we must depend on God’s strength and use every piece of His armor. We face an army whose goal is to defeat Christ’s church. When we believe in Christ, they become our enemies. They will try any device to turn us away from the Lord.
Fear not! For God has provided His supernatural power to defeat Satan and his army, through His Holy Spirit within us. So, arm yourselves with God’s armor.
Let us be strong in the Lord's mighty power. Let's put on His whole armor to resist the enemy's attacks: put on the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that we are well-prepared. We will need faith in every battle as our shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed by Satan and his army. Let us put on salvation as our helmet, not forgetting the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Let's pray at all times, on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. We must stay alert and be persistent in our prayers for all Christians everywhere. [Ephesians 6:10-18].