Forgiveness

I know a friend who has gone through a lot. We all heard the Bible verse: “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends (John 15:13). I see my friend is and has been doing that. Laying down one’s life’s meaning isn’t bound to just literally dying to save others. It is more than that. She demonstrates that. Daily. When she chose to care for her nephews who lost their mother (her only sibling) at an early age. She chose to do that over her needs, to care for her aging parent now. She sacrificed her life for the sake of her loved ones or friends who are in need. She did that, out of love. Even if she doesn’t talk much about God, I know deep in my heart, she continues to demonstrate the love of God that is in her heart. She always chooses to forgive despite the “unlovable” doing mean things to her. No one sees that. I see that. I know she doesn’t go with the flow of what this world’s standard dictates. No matter how hurtful the words were thrown at her. No matter how negative others perceive of her sacrificial love, she shows how much she loves them all and readily forgives the ones who offend her. That’s not easy. To forgive. But to know when to give that to one who doesn’t deserve and expect nothing back, that is a kind of love from above. Love surely depends on forgiveness. I just pray, today, as she goes to help someone out again, no matter how much this person disrespects her sometimes and utter hurtful things to her, that those people around her will truly know the true beauty that is in her heart. Because from the garden in her heart, she offers the tree of love bearing fruits of forgiveness.  A lot of work on her part, but so easy for those surrounding her. All they need to do…is to realize and accept…

Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. – Micah 7:18 (NIV)


But if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.- Matthew 6:15 (ESV)




Lord, I pray for T. who will undergo a heart procedure today. May it go well under Your Hands. In reality, we all need a heart surgery as well, Lord. Search our hearts and remove anything that hinders our walk with You. Lord, may our roots go down deeper in Your grounds of Love. So that we may bear fruits of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  humility, and self-control. I ask that You guide K. and give her Your wisdom, discernment, healing, and provisions for all of her needs. Thank You Lord for Your grace, mercy, forgiveness and for Who You truly are. Help us Lord to have Your strength in all areas of our lives especially the ability to forgive readily and love those who are hard to love. Help us remember that none of us deserve Your forgiveness yet You chose to love us first. Thank You Lord.

6 comments:

  1. Such an outstanding example of Christ's love for people! It is impossible without His power through us to do something hard like loving the unlovable. I read your prayer at the end and agreed. And thank you for all the times you drop by and comment so beautifully on my blog. You seem to put the finishing touches on my thoughts and sum it all up so it makes sense. Hahaha. You and I should have a traveling ministry together, team-tag teaching the Word of God and evangelizing! We would have a blast. I do hope someday to meet you in person...sigh. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a challenging post, thank you for sharing it. I always am sorry I missed so many of your post when I finally stop by. Took a few minutes to read some of older ones, they spoke to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the encouragement at the blog. God’s been reminding me of His promises every day and everything I pray for myself I pray for you and my writer friends! Psalm 103 is Tom’s fav and came up today in my readings reminding me He is our healer, deliverer and savior. I’ve been trying to get Tom in the VA to see the Physician’s Asst. because his foot is still swollen and sometimes pain in the back of his leg. He’s been elevating and using his oxygen concentrator machine but his Bipap equipment still is not here! We have a 1:00 appt today. Please pray for him. Love you to the moon and back and wishing for you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came by to wish you a happy Mother’s Day! And to thank you too for prayers. Tom saw the dr. and he took blood tests. Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the VA hospital and they took chest x-rays, sonogram of both legs and feet, and an echo-cardiogram. They sent us home so I’m thinking he’s okay (or they would call the doctor.) Of course, they don’t tell you anything. He sees his doctor on Monday again. He got his bipap three days ago! Foot still swollen though, but Jehovah Shalom is our peace. Thanks, again. Praying God blesses you in big ways for all your kindness to us. Love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful... so touching. Thank you for sharing this story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful... so touching. Thank you for sharing this story.

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends