Home Is Where He Is...

"Jesus said, "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father's house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you. After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am."
Photo Credit
- John 14:1-3 (NCV)       

I wiped a tear or two that fell from the corner of my eyes. As my husband, child and I embraced each other after our morning prayer.

“Remember that song?” I asked my child.

“Yes, Mom. We were in a hotel,” he replied.

In 2003, we sold our first house after living there for 10 years. We stayed in the same area but just found a house on the other side, newly-built homes and the reason why we needed to leave the previous house was the backyard was close to a major freeway. When the place boomed, the noise from the vehicles became unbearable. On top of that, we believed our child was sickly because of the fumes. I never believed in coincidences anymore since being found by Jesus. The move, though seemed to be full of hurdles and that was from the enemy, but committing it with Him from the beginning, actually went smoothly. The house that we applied for, was no longer available as another couple had gotten it first by the time we checked it out. Then, all of a sudden, my husband needed to go to Vermont for a special training.  But by God’s grace, everything was truly in His perfect time. After my husband’s training, we put the old house in the market. After 1 week, we already had interested buyers. We geared to apply for another house, but with the same tract like the first house we wanted. Then, we heard good news from the lady who managed the sales. The other couple’s escrow fell and we were next in line, so we were qualified to get the house we originally wanted.  She summoned us to go to their office so we could still opt for the flooring that we wanted.

We ended up staying in a hotel for 2-3 weeks as the sales of our old house closed and the buyers moved in. The new house was not ready at that time. I kept playing the song. My child, at that time, would sing it with me. Inside the hotel room.

I cleared my throat as my child hugged me again….

“So true…We can live anywhere…but our true home is where He is…”

“Where Jesus is…”

I pray that this song will encourage you that no matter how tough your journey is, He is always with us, never leaving us. Until we reach Home...Just have FAITH....and BELIEVE...


11 comments:

  1. home is where He is...I know this so well throughout my many times of homelessness and joblessness, He was/is always there! He was my nail in a sure place. A place to hang my hat and feel at home.

    Love your relationship with your son. Love that you pray together as a family.

    Blessings from my home to yours :)
    patrina <")>><

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the moment He touched me...I knew...I'd never be alone again. In the good moments and the not so good, he's there....and gives me the courage and strength I never had before. Awesome stuff. Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 90:1 Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations has been my home for 30 some years as we have lived in two foreign countries, countless houses, traveled more miles then I can add up. At 65 we are getting closer to the final home going then when we started our journey with the Lord so your post struck home to me. My husband always says we are not to plant our tent stakes too deep...we are to be soujourers here on this earth. But my heart always longs for a permanant nest, we women are nesters so it's comfort to me to know someday I will have a permanant place. Great post. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you found the right house for your family, Ros. And how true that it is home where He dwells with us and live our life in His care..... trusting Him fully.

    Your heart so shine, Ros. Thanks for the video. I share it in my blog and directs viewers here. I love the lyrics and I want to go back to it, in my times of need.

    Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the song. May the song always reminds you of His faithfulness. Grace and mercy.

      Delete
  5. "There are many rooms in my Father's house; I would not tell you this if it were not true.
    I am going there to prepare a place for you."
    ~~~ Jesus Christ

    Rosel,
    I hope your spot is next to mine! Much easier to gab together forever that way.

    In this vast, vast universe, HE is everywhere always.
    But HE has favorite spots.
    Nazareth was home for a while.
    After that, HE was nomad and used anywhere to call home.

    Today, He has a favorite spot to call home still;
    YOUR HEART, my heart, and all hearts who tell him dwell in me.

    When you need a God you can touch and feel, put your hand over your heart.
    He is there.

    Blessings,
    Keystone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely thought, Keystone.

      Thanks for that.

      Delete
    2. Wonder if we'd even have time to chat...We'd be too "awed" because of His presence! Awe perhaps, doesn't even describe it. Good to hear from you Keystone and praying for His healing. God bless.

      Delete
  6. Rosel, thank you for the encouraging word and song. I too do not believe in coincident's either. Those are "God Winks" to me. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rcubes -

    Thank you for this pleasurable read. We need such reminders of our Lord's goodness.

    For you:

    Psalm 34:4 - KJV
    I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends