The Stairway



It takes me longer now to go up and down our stairs as I continue to allow healing post my right knee injury. Going on for a month now. Well…even the chores I can finish in no time takes me longer to accomplish. But by God’s grace, I am grateful that I am able to finish each. Each day. Longer…But still completed. And despite the swelling on my right knee that is slowly going down, I am grateful that I am not having pain. I’m just limited to flexing more than straightening my right lower leg. The routine use of an anti-inflammatory medication and ice continues…as well as resting the affected leg here and there when I feel that a bag of cement seems to be wrapped around it. 

“Mom, it sounds like you need some oil there,” my son jokingly uttered as he walked right behind me as we both were descending on the steps the other day. He was just trying to be funny because he could see…I was slow going down the stairs. I turned around to see his eyes full of concern and his arms extended, ready to catch me in case I fell.

“Why are you there behind me?” 

“Mom, it’s okay. I’m gonna’ help you in case…”

“I’m fine. I’m not having pain. I just can’t bend my knee the way it’s supposed to be bent.” 

We both reached the bottom of the steps. With my big smile on my face for achieving this simple victory of not having a mishap. My son, behind me, his face also smiling as he took a deep sigh of relief. We both proceeded to the kitchen and made our breakfast together.

“Don’t forget to say ‘Thank You, Lord’ in any situation,” I reminded my son, as we both ate our meal.

“Trust me…There are always those “blessings in disguise” even in difficult circumstances.”

I knew…Because I just conquered those steps from our stairway. As my son gloried in his youth and strength, I gloried in the experiences I had gone through in my life. “Been there…Done that…” And as my heart by faith accepted His truth, I knew since…

Jesus is the stairway between heaven and earth…Because of Him, I learn so much about His providence. My prayers go up…His blessings come down…He is the ladder. The only way for anyone to reach heaven. And as I continue to journey down here in this place, despite the many circumstances I have encountered and are about to still face, I am confident that Jesus never leaves me. 

My steps might be a lot slower. But there is no stopping in continuing to press on because like my son, others are watching me. Not so much with the injury but how I react to it. And I will always boast…boast in the Name of Jesus that He is the One Who empowers me to accomplish anything… And I know…He is patiently waiting at the top of the stairway...

So…it’s okay to be slow sometimes….

Slow but surely able to finish…

To finish well…

9 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel, but my right knee doesn't bend well because of RA. Praising God for anti-inflammatories! Little steps down the stairs and on the exercise equipment at the Rec Center...story of my life. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rcubes, I've been experiencing joint pain and some difficulties in movement in my right arm, both knees and my right angle. Been applying Urah, a cream on them and taking it easy. :) Thank you for your reminder to give thanks under all circumstances. My spouse has been reminding me to give thanks but I always keep forgetting. :) God blesses you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on dear one. By the way, Happy Easter....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easter Blessings. I enjoyed your post....I am slow all the time....stairs are a big problem for me and get more difficult to maneuver each year so I totally can relate. It is a comfort to know Jesus is right behind us to help us on our journey to heaven just as your son was behind you with concern and help if you needed him. Hugs from Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said! Thanks for writing. Take care.

    RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your knee pain and slowness to do tasks. I know a little bit about both of those things. I will be praying for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popped over to see what was happening in your neck of the woods, and as always, am encouraged by the messages you post. You have such inspiring words to share. Just sorry to hear about your knee, and hoping it will soon be as good as new. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi -

    Your love for the Lord and your thankfulness encourages and inspires!

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

The Attacker (5/15/09)

The sun was just peeking from the Eastern skies. Ephesians 6:12 [37 kb]


Out in the prison’s yard, some huge Sheriff’s buses were illuminated by the soft glow coming from the lights all over from the tall lamp posts. Their engines were turned on, warming up, before the buses would take the inmates to the different courts where they would have their trials.


Orange-uniformed men were lined up in pairs, joined together with handcuffs and chained, forming a long line. They already had their breakfast and had their morning medications prior to going to courts. Some were fidgeting, as they waited to board those buses.


All of a sudden, all hell broke loose! Two men were engaged in a fight, using weapons they made secretly for a while. Deputies called for help on the radio, both for custody back-up and medical staff, as well.


When the air was cleared and the other inmates were secured, one man was down on the floor. He sustained multiple gashes but two of them were deep. One cut was vertically etched from his left ear going down to the jaw line. The other dangerous cut was horizontal on his left neck, close to the jugular vein. Pool of blood dripped all over the floor. Holding his bleeding neck, he was pointing at the other inmate few feet away, being guarded by the other deputies.


The other man being accused was not hurt. There were no lacerations nor any other signs of trauma. He was obviously very agitated as he was being questioned by those deputies, while the medical staff started treating the other man on the floor. They cleaned the wounds and controlled the bleeding. That man was sent to the nearby hospital.


When the investigation was finalized, it turned out to be that the “downed man who was accusing the other inmate” was the attacker and the other one who didn’t have injury was the one attacked. The deputies found out that it was the second attempt to attack the unhurt man. Both attacks on him failed. He was well-prepared after the first attempt on him, that when the second attempt was done, he was able to defend himseld and ended up injuring his attacker severely.


[Source: Life Application Bible]:


We also have an “accuser of the brethren.” Satan and his army of demons are the enemies of God and of everything good.


“Because God’s children are human beings – made of flesh and blood – Jesus also became flesh and blood by being born in human form. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death.” –Hebrews 2:14


Because of what Jesus had done [dying on the cross], we, who live in constant fear of death shouldn’t be afraid anymore. Jesus had freed us from that fear so we can live for Him. When we belong to God, we know that death is only the portal that leads into “eternal life”. [“Thank You Lord!].


Paul warned us, too that we also battle against the evil forces of Satan, who is a vicious fighter. But to be able to withstand their attacks, we must depend on God’s strength and use every piece of His armor. We face an army whose goal is to defeat Christ’s church. When we believe in Christ, they become our enemies. They will try any device to turn us away from the Lord.


Fear not! For God has provided His supernatural power to defeat Satan and his army, through His Holy Spirit within us. So, arm yourselves with God’s armor.


Let us be strong in the Lord's mighty power. Let's put on His whole armor to resist the enemy's attacks: put on the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that we are well-prepared. We will need faith in every battle as our shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed by Satan and his army. Let us put on salvation as our helmet, not forgetting the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Let's pray at all times, on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. We must stay alert and be persistent in our prayers for all Christians everywhere. [Ephesians 6:10-18].

Friends