Jesus Is The Shepherd (A Song He Gave Me)



 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 
- Colossians 3:14 (NIV)

I had problems with my posts updating for a while...that I had not been able also to post anything as I worked here and there when able to. One morning, in the midst of my wiping dusts off and vacuuming, my oldest guitar had caught my eyes and my heart desired to stop what I was doing, picked it up and sang some of the songs the Lord had written in my heart at the span of years. I tell you, it felt good to have lingering dusts of worries and uncertainties in my heart wiped off by His hands.

I don’t have a formal guitar lesson. I learned to endure blisters on my fingers, learning easy chords growing up. Paired with my passion to write, I didn’t know at that time, those painful moments He gave me to learn to write songs for Him. Songs that also strengthened me and comforted me every time there was a struggle with my family, friends or just myself was going through. He reassures. That’s always the truth!

I don’t have a nice voice either but I felt so strong to share this song with you praying that the lyrics will minister to your hearts. With this special season of love, we must honor that true love that came down from heaven to let us know about God’s love from above. 

I wrote this song on July 29, 2003 when one of my nephews was vacationing from Belgium in Denmark. But he hardly saw his father (my brother). As I was praying for them, I started asking myself, “When is the right time for us to get together with God, our heavenly Father?”

It’s hard to sing for me without choking up as I feel His love, mercy and grace every time I strike that chord and sing that note. Jesus is indeed the reason for this Season. All the glory to our good Lord! Merry Christmas to all of you and may His love and grace always strengthen us all.


Jesus Is The Shepherd

I was once lost like you not knowing Christ
Every struggle means pain and I get deeply hurt
But please listen to me, and to all the things I’ll say
Jesus is the only Life, the Truth and the Way

How long are you gonna’ be lost like a sheep?
For when Christ finds you, you just have to believe
Oh Jesus is the Shepherd Who will lead us all
Salvation comes from Him, and from Him alone

Chorus:

Oh Jesus has so much love
All you need to do is open up your hearts
Turn away from all of your sins
And love and joy will grow within

If your life is ever found don’t let it go
Stop your wandering let your faith grow
For Jesus is the Shepherd Who will guide your way
Nothing will go wrong, in your hearts He’ll stay

(Repeat Chorus)…

12 comments:

  1. What a precious & beautiful gift. May the song captivate every wanderer this season, and always.

    A blessed & merry Christmas!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful song. I haven't made songs for God since I was little. Even then I didn't understand doctrine. May God bless you and may you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful my friend and sister! The words have such deep meaning and truth. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful song, thanks for sharing it with all who stop here. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that is lovely, and you do have a pretty voice. :) Thanks so much for sharing with us. Merry Christmas! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. had to swing by Rosel and wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas. From my heart to yours....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Goodness Rosel!!!!

    I am so happy I finally am able to hear you sing and play. What talent. What a beautiful voice and song. God has truly blessed you.

    Thank you dear one for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much...I totally enjoyed hearing you sing your song. It is you sharing your spirit with us...loved it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rcubes, may the Lord bless you and guide you in all your endeavours in 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Sister,

    This song along with the melody is so soothing to listen to...so absolutely BEAUTIFUL! He has truly gifted you in so many ways.

    Love you my friend,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends