Abortion

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking." - James 1:5 (NLT)

I was confused…with a protocol a nurse had followed by initiating it. For a pregnant inmate. Some of the standing orders that included prenatal vitamins and a bedtime snack given to sustain the life in her womb. I read her notes. Only to discover that the young inmate chose to abort the baby.

“Should I just cancel these?” I asked a co-worker sitting next to me doing orders like I was in front of the glowing monitor.

“Follow it for now,” she advised…

“But she already signed a consent for her to have her baby aborted…” I explained. She didn't know what to say next...

I felt my fingers on the keyboard suddenly felt heavy. Out of confusion, I tried not to mix my own emotions. Yet…I still typed. And ordered the prenatal vitamins and bedtime snack. Except for the duration of only 30 days instead of the usual length of pregnancy (40 weeks). I scheduled for her to see the OB doctor. As I softly prayed inside the hidden closet in my heart and mind…that this young inmate would be guided by His wisdom. From many years working in the corrections, I knew…I just knew…Most of them who chose to have abortion wanted it for convenience…This precious life that would be lost…Was innocent…Formed by the active God in the mother’s womb.

Is abortion really a matter of a woman’s right to choose? What about the matter of either life or death of a “human being”  made in God’s image?


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)



The Beautiful Miracle of Life from sharethemessage on GodTube.

Father, I pray...For those who are needing Your wisdom to make the right decisions. Give them the courage that they need to do the right thing. Even if they are facing the worst of the worsts, I know that Your knowledge will help them overcome. And for those who had already chosen to give up the life growing in their wombs, for whatever reason they had, may they come to know that Your love and forgiveness have no limit. May they be able to receive Your compassion, Your love, Your forgiveness...Anytime....Anywhere...In Jesus' Name. Amen...

14 comments:

  1. You subject but one that has to be addressed. Have you seen the 180 video? I think that's the name of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...I haven't seen that video. Thanks for sharing that with me...

      Delete
  2. I meant to type tough subject...not you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be really hard for your heart to bare dealing with that at your work! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you my dear friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard not to let one's personal feelings show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a really difficult one, Rozelle. I pray that the inmate gains wisdom from God in this situation. And for you who obviously feels so much for the mother and the unborn child. Bless you dear heart. Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is painful to be on the frontline facing people who choose abortion, because we know the truth about it - it is really murder and women are not told of the terrible ripping abnd shredding of their hearts, lifelong guilt, and sense of condemnation that they have to live with. In our ministry we often minister to women who are suffering from the emotional aftershocks of abortion. It is terrible - the guilt, the remorse, the brokenness of their hearts. Because the truth is that when they choose the way of death, they have actually opened a door for this spirit of death to access their lives. Often, too, a cover up scheme becomes necessary for them to resort to, to hide the pain. A hard shell begins to grow around their hearts... it really is such a demonic scheme. People do it for convenience... because Convenience has really become a false god in many people's lives, and Convenience demands that we sacrifice unborn babies at the altar. Really when people worship Convenience, they find out too late that Convenience as a god is demanding, ruthless, and heartless.

    Thank you for writing this post. I know you need so much courage and faith in God to remain strong where He has placed you. You are his agent for blessing where you are. I also read the previous post entitled CPR. Beautiful post, Roselle. The song you shared is one of my favorites... the original is written and sung by Andy Park I think. Blessings on your day, my dear kab kababayan.

    Love
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was doing my OB/GYN rotation in nursing school when Roe vs Wade became law. As a young nursing student, I witnessed abortions. Some of them were late term abortions and we had to examine the fetus. These were babies! I was appalled. I know many women who have suffered the guilt of abortion from when they were younger. It is so sad. Praise God for His forgiveness.

    A very difficult topic. But as a nurse, you must deal with this issue. Praying for you sister.

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rosel, so sad. :o( Those precious souls never have a chance to walk in the calling God has for them here on earth. I pray the Mom will come to know Jesus as her Savior so that she can be reunited with that child one day.

    Bless you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart is sad to read about abortions...may God open the hearts and eyes for people to see what a terrible thing they are doing.I am sorry you have to experience it up close.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosel, I am so very sorry. :( Hugs to you dear one. Thank you for posting on such a topic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I join you in praying for this young lady and others like her to seek God's wisdom concerning whether or not to keep the precious life He has given them.

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends