Up Ahead

There goes the anticipated call that never was given for so long. It was not because I ignored it, I didn’t pick it up so the message could be recorded in our home’s answering machine. A new way I had planned since some people in positions from work started giving me a hard time when the highest one changed the night nurses’ schedule. A lot more got involved when they should not have been. Lies were told about me. Things were done to intimidate me. Wrong motives that were so clear as shown by their actions that didn’t match their words. They secretly desire for me to quit my job.

From the very start, I knew I had nothing to be afraid of. I knew that I had done nothing wrong. I never had problems from the past supervisors when I made my request not to work full time because of my history of disability. Was I? For so many years, I never had a problem performing my tasks since day 1, working in the prison where God had brought me when I got hurt from the hospital where I used to work.

I ran my errands. But that message changed my mood. I became upset again. Upset with the fact that I wanted to say so much yet, it wouldn’t be the perfect time. I tried to forget the demand but it kept creeping in the back of my mind.

Work had called me to meet up with 2 people I had spoken with before. Two people who aggravated me from the last time as they spoke words sounding with a punitive tone. It was a meeting with a façade that they were trying to work it out with me for my best interest. It was not true.

I opened my emails to see that not only this person had called me, she also decided to email me the same message from the answering machine. It was unbelievable that she did that as she ignored my emails most of the time when I was trying to communicate and prevent any miscommunications between us. I knew she never valued my request. When I started saying a little bit about their wrongful actions, she softened up a little bit, sounding like she was not a part of this evil tryst anymore. But I wouldn’t believe anything she would tell me. They all broke my trust.

My husband hugged me this morning and asked me if I would be going to work this afternoon. I caught his stare with mine and I just sighed. He got my muted answer. He knew I didn’t want to, but I had to. Work was never hard. It was the people who do evil things that make it hard and not a fun place to be.

I closed the door behind him as he left to start his day. After we both had prayed together. I let out another deep sigh. I had been seeing blurriness around me since my battle at work began. But remembering those days the Lord had blessed me and my family with His comfort when we took a needed vacation, I let go of these worries. Into His wounded hands. He showed me a picture we took as we were traveling early on a road. When the mysterious-looking fog blanketed some areas and up ahead, it was very clear. Then I got my answer from Him. I needed to press on. I needed to keep moving despite the vagueness in these people’s actions. I must trust in Him. I must trust in His plans for me. So I wouldn’t be side-tracked. Because up ahead, when this situation is over, it would be very clear. In His light…

Foggy morning but up ahead was so clear...

“But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them.” – Ephesians 5:13 (NLT)

Lord, I have given You my battle at work from the start. Because of You, I was never afraid. I pray Lord for You to continue to guide me, give me discernment and protect me as I meet these people come Monday in the morning. Lord, I pray that You will teach me with what to say and when to say the wisdom that comes from You. I pray for them Lord. May they have clarity of mind and the heart to do what is right. In You and in You alone I trust Oh Lord. Thank You for everything You have done for me and continue to bless me, even through sorrows and pain. I know that with every tear shed, every fall I sustain, every wound I obtain, those are nothing compared to what You had gone through in order for us to live and have a hope and a future. You keep reminding me about Your wounded hands. You place these words "wounded in order for you to be healed" in my heart. Thank You Lord for Your healing. Your grace. Your mercy. Your love. I pray for those who are going through heavy persecutions. Those who are afflicted with sorrows or illnesses. Those who feel like they have no hope. Those that doubt Your existence. Please bless them all Lord and open their hearts and minds to come before You and know You. Your awesome power. Your awesome love as a Father. Because up ahead, Your light awaits...In Jesus' Name. Amen.

7 comments:

  1. I am praying for you Rosel. The road may be challenging but the Lord is with you every step of the way. As the Bible says 'work as unto the Lord'. You please our Heavenly Father and that's what matters. The people at work may not understand but how can they argue with a job well done with an honest and caring attitude?

    Much love to you sister,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mind, heart and prayers are always with you dear sister. You continue to persevere and shine His light in such a dark place amidst such adversity. He is your refuge, your fortress, the God in whom you place your complete trust.

    Sending you warm and prayer-filled hugs,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letting go of our worries, into His hands is always the best thing to do. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing can ever take away the peace that comes from standing strong in HIm. Praying for you....knowing your faith is tough....which means you;'ll be okay....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... and what a rugged stretch it's been for you, dear sister!

    Thank God we can only see so far; and never around corners or beyond the horizon. Thank God we can navigate but one step at a time, and no more. Thank God we have precious traveling companions (and I count you among my own).

    Hugs,
    Kathleen

    P.S. I love the new header, and also the serenade by Don Moen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By now you have had your meeting - but I am still praying for you, Rosel. You faith is an encouragement to those around you; it will be a testimony to give others hope!

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

The Attacker (5/15/09)

The sun was just peeking from the Eastern skies. Ephesians 6:12 [37 kb]


Out in the prison’s yard, some huge Sheriff’s buses were illuminated by the soft glow coming from the lights all over from the tall lamp posts. Their engines were turned on, warming up, before the buses would take the inmates to the different courts where they would have their trials.


Orange-uniformed men were lined up in pairs, joined together with handcuffs and chained, forming a long line. They already had their breakfast and had their morning medications prior to going to courts. Some were fidgeting, as they waited to board those buses.


All of a sudden, all hell broke loose! Two men were engaged in a fight, using weapons they made secretly for a while. Deputies called for help on the radio, both for custody back-up and medical staff, as well.


When the air was cleared and the other inmates were secured, one man was down on the floor. He sustained multiple gashes but two of them were deep. One cut was vertically etched from his left ear going down to the jaw line. The other dangerous cut was horizontal on his left neck, close to the jugular vein. Pool of blood dripped all over the floor. Holding his bleeding neck, he was pointing at the other inmate few feet away, being guarded by the other deputies.


The other man being accused was not hurt. There were no lacerations nor any other signs of trauma. He was obviously very agitated as he was being questioned by those deputies, while the medical staff started treating the other man on the floor. They cleaned the wounds and controlled the bleeding. That man was sent to the nearby hospital.


When the investigation was finalized, it turned out to be that the “downed man who was accusing the other inmate” was the attacker and the other one who didn’t have injury was the one attacked. The deputies found out that it was the second attempt to attack the unhurt man. Both attacks on him failed. He was well-prepared after the first attempt on him, that when the second attempt was done, he was able to defend himseld and ended up injuring his attacker severely.


[Source: Life Application Bible]:


We also have an “accuser of the brethren.” Satan and his army of demons are the enemies of God and of everything good.


“Because God’s children are human beings – made of flesh and blood – Jesus also became flesh and blood by being born in human form. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death.” –Hebrews 2:14


Because of what Jesus had done [dying on the cross], we, who live in constant fear of death shouldn’t be afraid anymore. Jesus had freed us from that fear so we can live for Him. When we belong to God, we know that death is only the portal that leads into “eternal life”. [“Thank You Lord!].


Paul warned us, too that we also battle against the evil forces of Satan, who is a vicious fighter. But to be able to withstand their attacks, we must depend on God’s strength and use every piece of His armor. We face an army whose goal is to defeat Christ’s church. When we believe in Christ, they become our enemies. They will try any device to turn us away from the Lord.


Fear not! For God has provided His supernatural power to defeat Satan and his army, through His Holy Spirit within us. So, arm yourselves with God’s armor.


Let us be strong in the Lord's mighty power. Let's put on His whole armor to resist the enemy's attacks: put on the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that we are well-prepared. We will need faith in every battle as our shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed by Satan and his army. Let us put on salvation as our helmet, not forgetting the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Let's pray at all times, on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. We must stay alert and be persistent in our prayers for all Christians everywhere. [Ephesians 6:10-18].

Friends