Injustice To Justice

“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.” – Robert Francis Kennedy


Being put on a forced leave did not worry me a bit. However, I miss my work, the stuff I used to do behind the prison walls. I missed some of my co-workers who I discerned to be truly caring. I miss assessing and prioritizing when it comes to the needs of the inmates seeking medical treatments. I miss reading and applying the orders of doctors from our medical and mental department and enter them in the computer.

Since my battle began against some people who were sitting in higher positions, I was never afraid. I knew I had no option but to face them. At first, I didn’t know why, but now as I learned to wait and endure, I was even glad that it did happen. Despite the injustices I was being treated with, I knew that those people and I needed to learn something from these evil intentions and acts.

Waiting is hard but it is always present in any trials we encounter. It seems to give us time to reflect on what and what we must not do or say. I’m grateful that God’s timetable is not the same of this world’s.

“But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.” – 2 Peter 3:8 (NLT)


“I think I have all the info’s I need for now,” remarked the person on the other line.


“Thank you for calling me back so soon,” I replied.

The moment this battle began, it drove me to His feet. I gave it all to Him Who promised for us to give all of our cares to Him for He cares for us. But I know that I must confront this injustice at the same time. I know I must face this “what they thought would make me afraid” selfish acts. Yesterday was one of those steps I took to defend myself...But I am not angry anymore. I know that once, I was foolish like them. I know I was selfish like them. I desired none but the world’s riches. Money, Power, Prestige, Etc…Riches that cannot be brought to His world…



In His perfect time, all these lies would be exposed under His light. In His perfect time, this story would be told for His glory. For now, I know deep in my heart, God is working behind the scene to bring this injustice to justice. He is after all, God of justice.

4 comments:

  1. Thank God you can glean the wisdom and seize the humor in this less-than-pleasant ordeal. It took me a few minutes to realize the creature in the video is a camel. For a minute I thought it was a Jack Ass, and given your tormentors, I thought: "How appropriate". Shame on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right to not be willing to take this sitting down, Rosel. We are not to blend with the darkness, we are called to walk in the light and expose the darkness.

    What exposes the darkness is light!

    Praise God, the day is coming soon when the evil deeds of darkness will be brought to light. And you are God's instrument for that to happen, so endure the difficulty, the victory has already been won.

    Who knows, you might even be able to file a suit, and receive due compensation for all the torment and the agony you went through.

    Payback time is coming.

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the mind is a worse battle field than where my feet walk. There are many good things that will come of this - many you do not see now. One that I think is that your son is seeing how to fight courageously, nobly. It is important that our children see us take stands, to fight right for right. Maybe, just maybe, that seed planted in him will create a Godly, noble champion:) Sister to Sister, who has walked through challenges that too took me to our Father's feet, my heart and my prayers join with yours to lift you up. Be encouraged; You do not know what these seeds planted around you and in you are intended to do. I bet their harvest will be magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

The Attacker (5/15/09)

The sun was just peeking from the Eastern skies. Ephesians 6:12 [37 kb]


Out in the prison’s yard, some huge Sheriff’s buses were illuminated by the soft glow coming from the lights all over from the tall lamp posts. Their engines were turned on, warming up, before the buses would take the inmates to the different courts where they would have their trials.


Orange-uniformed men were lined up in pairs, joined together with handcuffs and chained, forming a long line. They already had their breakfast and had their morning medications prior to going to courts. Some were fidgeting, as they waited to board those buses.


All of a sudden, all hell broke loose! Two men were engaged in a fight, using weapons they made secretly for a while. Deputies called for help on the radio, both for custody back-up and medical staff, as well.


When the air was cleared and the other inmates were secured, one man was down on the floor. He sustained multiple gashes but two of them were deep. One cut was vertically etched from his left ear going down to the jaw line. The other dangerous cut was horizontal on his left neck, close to the jugular vein. Pool of blood dripped all over the floor. Holding his bleeding neck, he was pointing at the other inmate few feet away, being guarded by the other deputies.


The other man being accused was not hurt. There were no lacerations nor any other signs of trauma. He was obviously very agitated as he was being questioned by those deputies, while the medical staff started treating the other man on the floor. They cleaned the wounds and controlled the bleeding. That man was sent to the nearby hospital.


When the investigation was finalized, it turned out to be that the “downed man who was accusing the other inmate” was the attacker and the other one who didn’t have injury was the one attacked. The deputies found out that it was the second attempt to attack the unhurt man. Both attacks on him failed. He was well-prepared after the first attempt on him, that when the second attempt was done, he was able to defend himseld and ended up injuring his attacker severely.


[Source: Life Application Bible]:


We also have an “accuser of the brethren.” Satan and his army of demons are the enemies of God and of everything good.


“Because God’s children are human beings – made of flesh and blood – Jesus also became flesh and blood by being born in human form. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death.” –Hebrews 2:14


Because of what Jesus had done [dying on the cross], we, who live in constant fear of death shouldn’t be afraid anymore. Jesus had freed us from that fear so we can live for Him. When we belong to God, we know that death is only the portal that leads into “eternal life”. [“Thank You Lord!].


Paul warned us, too that we also battle against the evil forces of Satan, who is a vicious fighter. But to be able to withstand their attacks, we must depend on God’s strength and use every piece of His armor. We face an army whose goal is to defeat Christ’s church. When we believe in Christ, they become our enemies. They will try any device to turn us away from the Lord.


Fear not! For God has provided His supernatural power to defeat Satan and his army, through His Holy Spirit within us. So, arm yourselves with God’s armor.


Let us be strong in the Lord's mighty power. Let's put on His whole armor to resist the enemy's attacks: put on the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that we are well-prepared. We will need faith in every battle as our shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed by Satan and his army. Let us put on salvation as our helmet, not forgetting the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Let's pray at all times, on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. We must stay alert and be persistent in our prayers for all Christians everywhere. [Ephesians 6:10-18].

Friends