Let Your Word Speak

“Good morning!” she verbalized as she whizzed by in front of a counter where I was gathering my stuff, getting ready to leave after a busy night.

“Good morning,” I replied softly as my mind started wandering.

Wandering back to that day when she was in front of me, during a crucial meeting with regards to my work situation. I thought about how she intended to pursue to not have anything available for my request. The way she answered the questions of two more people in power,  incompletely and  often  with half  truths.

Despite the painful wounds she created in my heart and spirit with her lies and her own motive to crush me, I managed to glance at her direction at the opposite side of the wooden, conference table and uttered, “Have a good day”. She didn’t expect that kind of greeting from me, after being wounded deeply and unexpectedly. That was also a signal I gave to conclude our private session in which they had me pierced  with their planned decision to end my career in the prison, as I refused to answer anymore and sign the  piece of paper they had prepared where things were written quite differently from what they were verbally saying to my face.

She must remember that short but powerful moment of the way I responded to her hurtful, piercing remarks with gentleness.  But I wished that she would realize it wasn’t because of my nature. I did that because He lived in me.

“But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law.” – Galatians 5:22

Lord, I am only but a shadow in Your light. Their words hurt but they will  not wound me deep enough to paralyze me. Their plans for me are already outlined but I know it’s You Who directs our steps and it is only You Who formed us in our mother’s wombs. I pray dear Lord that through me, they will hear Your Word that is sharper than a double-edged sword. This sWORD that will penetrate their souls and spirits, their joints and marrow and make them realize that it’s You Who truly alone judges the thoughts and attitudes of the hearts. Please empower me with Your Spirit so that any wrong desires can be overcome by the fruits of the Spirit. Help me with Your strength for me to continue to easily forgive them and may they see Your grace through me. Lord, let Your Word speak!!! To them who needs to hear You. And to me who needs to continue to get to know more things about You. Thank You Lord for Your faithful love and mercy. Thank You for Your grace. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

8 comments:

  1. Another great post sis, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are heaping burning coals upon their heads and the Lord will reward you..God bless you~ (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord is using you for His glory. Praying for you, my friend. Hugs ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allowing His glory to shine through your life!! What a difference He makes in us!! What a privilege to touch people in a way that would be impossible without His Spirit within us! In the midst of anything, it is a beautiful life!!

    Continuing to pray for you Rosel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are bearing good fruit, Rosel. God bless you, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are covered in prayer by your dear blog friends, and of course that includes me.

    During times like these, I always appreciate the fact that our spiritual armor is on... never taken off... and on your feet are the shoes fitted with the readiness to bring the gospel of PEACE wherever you are sent by your Commander in Chief.

    And on your head is the Helmet of Salvation - actually "shalom" - where every choice you make, every thought you think... means another area of shalom is recovered from the enemy.

    I clap for every victory that is yours - the overall war has been won but you are called to this battle... and I am praying that you will win it with the power of Jesus!

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song! I so loved how you said, "I wished that she would realize it wasn’t because of my nature. I did that because He lived in me." I was just bemoaning to my husband about why people who treated others poorly were held on pedestals. I complained, "Maybe if I treated others like that I would get treated better" (family dynamic things) - but both he and I knew that I would never do that because of "He that lives in me." I so needed to hear that today - you put into words why I couldn't - what the difference was (though these people think He is in them) - and I have so much peace to let that thought go! Bless you Rosel as you face these challenges!

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends