Find And Use Your Talents

“He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

“Hey! Nurse M! Have you heard about our openings? I heard they have 3 openings for nurses,” I excitedly informed one per diem nurse we rarely see.  She used to be a full time LVN who worked hard to become an RN. She opted to work per diem in our detention facility as she tried to get more skills in a bigger hospital.

“That’s great! I would love to apply!” she replied, beaming with a smile.

When morning came, she spoke with one of the supervisors who particularly was always nice with her.

“Nurse K., please don’t make me work at Intake when I come to work here as full time,” she pled.

“Oh! Don’t say that during your interview,” nurse K. uttered.

Over hearing their conversation, I was just thinking to  myself that it would be impossible not to work at Intake.

Because most of us take turns sometimes. When there is a call off, one has to go there. It’s the busiest part of the correctional facility. Where the cops or highway patrol bring in their arrestees to be booked. And nurses give the “go” whether the arrested individuals are mentally or medically fit to be processed and be incarcerated. How can a nurse learn if she is not even willing to try? Yet, still wants to be a part of the nursing staff?

It’s not true that we have no talents. Nor to feel that we have the right to use them as we please. May we discover our hidden talents to be used in serving others for God.

“God has given gifts to each of you from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God’s generosity can flow through you. Are you called to be a speaker? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Are you called to help others? Do it with all strength and energy that God supplies. Then God will be given glory in everything through Christ Jesus. All glory and power belong to him forever and ever. Amen.” ~ 1 Peter 4:10-11

12 comments:

  1. As scary as it is sometimes, we should be stretched a little and grow to find those hidden talents God has put inside us. I'll try to remember that the next time I want to put on the brakes in my personal growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am being slowly stretched. STill very hesitant. But this is the only way to grow. Thanks Rosel for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know from experience that we can grow a lot through stepping out and depending only on God. Still, it always is a choice and takes faith! I heard a wonderful teaching yesterday about stepping out and watch the Lord lead you!

    Love you,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I desire to use all I have for the glory of His name. Such inspiring post dear friend!
    Thank you for sharing. And the quote is amazing.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Go bless.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I desire to use all I have for the glory of His name. Such inspiring post dear friend!
    Thank you for sharing. And the quote is amazing.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    GOD bless.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how we all want to do something yet we want to do it our way or maybe the less complicated way....There are times that God requires MUCH and if we would only learn that it is in HIM that we can do ALL THINGS even those things we might not like or want to do but ultimately HE will get the glory if we will allow HIM to work in us!

    Thank you Rosel for allowing HIM to work in YOU!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for such a fantastic post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I desire to use all I have for the glory of His name. Such inspiring post dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great question at the end of the video!

    I' always praying "I want to serve You more,God." That's when He takes me out of my comfort zone but it's amazing how comfortable that "zone" becomes.

    love and hugs~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love rhe line "God’s generosity can flow through you". I thinl that too many yimes, we believe that we Christians going the roads and tasks of life alone, forgetting that we are both equipped by the Lord for the journeym commissioned by the Lord from the works along the way, and He is carrying through them all ... with us all the way - Matthew 28:20. Thank you for the reminder to see beyond the giants in the land. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No doubt just one of the talents He's given you is in story-telling, and penning words that penetrate the heart.

    Sometimes I have to simply sit back in utter amazement at what He has wrought in, and through my life. There's NO DOUBT it's been Him, and only Him. But the fact that He uses and fills this vessel -- and each of His vessels -- in such amazing ways leaves a huge lump in my throat.

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always find the best videos. Thanks for those thoughts. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends