The Best Gift

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

~ 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 [NIV]

Give the Best Gift you can give to yourself and others...Jesus. He is love. For God is love.

His love and grace can break any barrier. Can bring light to the darkest places. Can wipe sorrows with joys. Can change ashes to beauty. Can bring life to what is dead.

This is the only change we all can believe in...Nothing else...





Praying that you all will have the most meaningful celebration of Love this year. May God bless and protect us all.

15 comments:

  1. Jesus is love...Love changes every thing. The video touched me.

    Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I remember that show! Powerful post friend. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!!!!!
    Wylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Rosel......I am SO thankful that God brought our paths together this year. You always bring a beam of Light when you visit me.....and I always leave with an extra portion of blessings when I visit you. You are a special friend to me.

    I hope you have the joy of Jesus in your heart today, and always!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! I am so glad I found your friendship this year. You have been such an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video clip brought tears to my eyes.

    Wishing you a beautiful Christmas and a most blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This video made me really sad. Sad because of those people being locked up...not free. Rosel - I want to be a light, a light to shine for others to be free. I send you a ton of hugs. You`re so special to me. Your posts hit me...remind me...motivate me. Merry Christmas special friend. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts often motivate me too. Thank you for showing God's love repeatedly in your posts here, what you write on other people's (mine included) blogs, and to the prisoners.

    Blessings to you and yours at Christmas and always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the video.

    Have a most blessed Christmas my dear friend!
    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is this video from, a movie? It was beautiful.

    Have a merry Christmas. wb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not familiar with the show. But it seems like an old show bro. Warren. I don't know how i happen to open it...I knew I typed something with prison and this came out and blessed me right away. Merry Christmas to all of you and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know where I would be today without God's love and patients for me. Merry Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen! 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
    Great Comments
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rcubes, what a powerful post and reminder. You yourself give so much!! You are so much appreciated. Blessings to you and yours at this special time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas dear friend.
    Cheers!

    XOXO
    Regina

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends