The Monitor of the Heart


The wrist cuff started puffing up on its own and restricted the circulation around my left wrist. The numbers digitally shown started going down slowly...The reading ended at "133/81." That reading wasn't bad at all if you are like me who have a history of high blood pressure. That's even great because I haven't taken my morning pill yet that will help lower it down.


This is an everyday habit that I need to do if I want to be responsibly able to control my blood pressure. Through that, it will continue to encourage me to eat healthier foods and exercise, even if my will is trying to resist to follow those sometimes. It will help me remember to avoid fatty foods, stuff that will just clog the arteries more and will end up causing a higher blood pressure. Temptations are around us as we are surrounded with "fast-food chains", "jumbo sizes of meals", tv shows and video games that will keep you sitting on the couch for hours.




Please check and
remind me by giving me Your daily reading.


Show me if there's any pride or high reading in my heart.


Please help me remember to avoid any of the impurities and temptations surrounding me.


Remind me, Oh Lord that all of my unstable ways I can surrender to You so that You will give me a recorded reading of a life living for You.


In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.


5 comments:

  1. Hi, Rose!
    I'm right with you on this. I don't have high blood pressure, but I heard Dr. Colbert on TV say measure your heigth and divide it by 2 and that should be your waist measurement. I need to lose an inch and my hubby needs to lose 4. So we're supporting one another in our eating habits. My daughter is a nurse and has this digital blood pressure monitor and we love it. She checks all of us when we visit her.

    Have a great day!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about Dr. Colbert's advice. Never heard that! I'm glad that a special "private nurse" checks your bp. Stay well! Thanks for the visit! God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose,

    Again, I found myself singing to your song. I don't know what the melody is, but I was singing one as I went along. I had a liver biopsy done in December 2008 because my levels were not right, so I'm with you on eating right and taking care of the body. It was a scare, but everything turned out okay. I love your prayer dear woman.

    Thank you so much for your tenderness and prayers on my post from yesterday. It was a tough day, but today is much, much better. Thank you for keeping me and my husband in your prayers. I truly appreciate that.

    Hugs & Blessings,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with you...I am very convicted by your post. Thank you for the shove I needed today...andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis Alleluiabelle, don't need to thank me for the prayers. That's what our Lord wants is for us to be prayerful. I'm glad you're feeling better. May the Lord heal u and ur hubby. Hi sis Andrea! It's always nice to hear from my great sisters! God bless u all! -Rosel

    ReplyDelete

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends