Food For Soul

After breakfast this morning, I had noticed that my son hasn't been eating fresh fruits like he used to. He is chewing much better now after getting adjusted to having his brace. And the brace was the reason he stopped eating, because it was hard for him to bite the apples, pears and other harder fruits he enjoyed. So I brought it up, " Hey! You haven't been eating fresh fruits. It's different if you do than those processed ones so you can get the nutrients from it. That way, you will be stronger to fight illnesses." He replied, "I'm sorry mom. I know I can chop up the fruits, too. Okay, I will try to eat more fresh fruits."

"Wait a minute!," I thought to myself. I haven't been eating the proper fruits I need, too, to nourish my soul. Lately, I have been not as enthusiastic to read the Word of God [the Holy Bible]. Sometimes, being fully adjusted to the thought that I have been saved by having the brace for a while [the Holy Spirit indwelling in me], I forget that I still need to eat the fresh fruits or God's Word so I can nourish my soul and be stronger when illnesses [Satan's attacks] come. "I'm sorry, Father. I know that having the Holy Spirit is no excuse not to read Your Words...I may not read the whole Bible in one day, but I know that I can chop up the Words, verse by verse, day by day, to nourish me in return..."

John 1:1- "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 6:35 - Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me will never be thirsty."

Ephesians 6:17 - "Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

John 10:10 - "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full."

1 Corinthians 10:13 - "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

1 Peter 1:23-25 - " For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For, "all men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever."

Hebrews 4:12-13 - " For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to Whom we must give account."

Psalm 119:103 - " How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Faith is taking the first step even if you don't see the whole staircase..."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

All posts/composed songs copyright by RCUBEs.



Encouragers

GotQuestions?org

Friends